- Location: Whyalla
- Part Time Tuesday – Friday (occasional Saturday)
- Max term contract until 30/06/2024
- Make a meaningful difference to the lives of Australians in need
Life at Mission Australia
When you join the team at Mission Australia, you become part of a community who are determined to end homelessness and ensure people in need can thrive. United by our Christian purpose and values, we stand together with anyone who needs us, for as long as they need us. Find out more about us and our purpose.
Mission Australia Country Recovery for Families (MAC-RF) program will deliver prevention and early intervention support to reduce the impact of substance misuse for Young people 10-25 years of age with substance misuse concerns or Parents/caregivers with substance misuse concerns. a key role in supporting and sustaining change. The Youth and Family support worker will provide support to the family as a unit, acknowledging each family member is impacted by substance misuse, but also plays a key role in supporting and sustaining change.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Assist clients while at the service through brief therapeutic intervention and referral to suitable services
- Work with families and the community to improve outcomes for individuals and families experiencing AOD issues
- Respond to referrals of clients to the service from internal and external support services
- Deliver single stream training programs which support the practical needs of the clients
- Support employees to maintain accurate and concise written records
Requirements for Success
- Relevant degree with at least 1 years’ experience (e.g. relevant four-year degree with at least 1 years’ experience or relevant three-year degree with two years of relevant experience).
- Alternatively, employee may hold a Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs with relevant experience a minimum
- Demonstrated ability to provide specialised or complex therapeutic interventions and manage a caseload of complex client.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including highly developed administrative skills and the ability to provide support to management of a complex nature.
- Demonstrated professional approach to the role including maintaining professional boundaries.
- A positive and person-centred approach with a strong guiding belief about everyone’s capacity to self-right and grow within and beyond their current circumstances.
- An understanding from combined lived experience and professional development about factors that support recovery
- Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, qualifications and referee checks, and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Our innovative and inclusive culture will ensure you feel valued at Mission Australia as you help Australians in need and develop in your career. We’re committed to the safety and well-being of each other and the people we serve. We recognise and respect diversity. So, whoever you are, if you’re skilled and actively support our purpose and values, you would be welcome at Mission Australia.
Find out more about a career with Mission Australia. If you need support to submit your application, please email email@example.com.
- Rewarding work – every day you know you’re making a real difference
- Not-for-profit salary packaging, reducing your tax (details via AccessPay)
- Generous discounts with health insurance and major retailers
- Free external, confidential counselling and access to chaplaincy support.
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘Apply for this job’ and send your cover letter and resume today. As a committed Circle Back Initiative employer, we will respond to your application. For more information, feel free to view the Position Description via Youth and Family Support Worker.pdf
For further information regarding working with us, visit Working for Mission Australia.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting will commence immediately. Thank you.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.