Minya Bunhii Incorporated
Minya Bunhii Children’s Centre is a not-for-profit children’s centre, existing purely to improve the lives of our Aboriginal children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We are currently seeking a Cleaner to help maintain hygienic and safe environments for our children, families and educators.
Our Cleaner position is part-time, offering some flexibility of hours, for 15 hours per week (3 hours per day), Monday to Friday evenings, with an immediate start.
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all areas of the centre are cleaned & maintained to the highest level including children’s classrooms, offices, bathrooms/toilets, outdoor areas, staff rooms, common area
- Cleaning both staff and children’s bathroom areas
- Detail and sanitising cleaning
- Responding to scheduled and ad-hoc cleaning requests as required
- Cleaning glass windows, doors and walls
- Collection and disposal of waste
- Operation of cleaning tools and appliances
Skills and Experience
To be successful in the role you will require:
- A Working with Children Check
- National Police Check
- Commercial cleaning experience preferred (not essential)
- A great attitude and willingness to contribute to our team’s success
- Effective communication skills
- Well presented, reliable, punctual, diligent and takes pride in own work
- High attention to detail
- A strong understanding of infection control principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Drivers license highly regarded
- Proof of right to work in Australia
- Above award rates
- Flexible hours
- Cleaning tools and products provided
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.