Max Services is a fast-growing privately owned crane, specialist transport, and equipment hire company, servicing customers in market segments including mining and resources, oil and gas, wind power, utilities, transport, industrial, and construction.
We have depots in Port Augusta, Adelaide, Port Pirie, Whyalla and Moomba.
We are seeking a highly skilled Work, Health and Safety Risk Adviser to help us manage our Safety and Quality compliance, drive and deliver safety initiatives across our multiple sites and promote a Can-do Safety culture with our employees.
You will need to have proven skills in the following (essential)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a WHS role at a multi-site level
- Comprehensive up to date knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Proven ability to audit, review and implement WHS Management Systems in line with ISO45001 and ISO9001
- Coaching and mentoring workers on safe practices
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments
- Challenging at-risk behaviours
- Leading communication and consultation processes
- Reporting and investigating incidents
- Conducting inspections and audits, and initiating timely corrective actions
- Compliance monitoring
- Preparing reports and other documents as required
- Sound knowledge of risk management principles and related practices and procedures and proven ability to implement WHS policies, procedures and plans
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles, management best practice and continuous improvement
The following skills would be beneficial (not essential)
- Degree or other tertiary related qualification in WHS/Safety Management or a related HSE oriented field
- Experience working in the crane/heavy/transport/mining or similar industry
The most suitable candidate will be offered remuneration commensurate to the experience and skills and a family friendly work environment where the working location could be negotiated to suit personal circumstances. There will be a requirement to travel intra-state and to isolated remote locations.
Applicants should address the essential skills criteria in their application.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.