Join the team at the Eyre Hotel, part of Matthews Hospitality Group, a pioneering South Australian family business with 80 years of history, hospitality is in our DNA. Build your career with us as we innovate, invest, and expand into the future of the industry.
Making others feel good, feels great!
This philosophy is why we love what we do, for our people and our customers.
- Be empowered and empower others as part of a supportive team
- Being respectful and showing compassion is the heart of our behaviour
- Showing up for success is how we drive each other to achieve
- We uphold professional standards and lead by example
- We operate with honesty and integrity
We are seeking a passionate, experienced, and people-focused Bar Manager to join our leadership team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Venue Manager, you will enjoy a dynamic role where you will be responsible for the management of the bar, its operations, and the team. You will be working closely with each department within the hotel to ensure a cohesive and supportive team environment and customer experience.
The Bar Manager is responsible for the management of the hotel’s bar operations. This includes the stock selection and control, monitoring and reporting of stock variances, customer service standards, staff recruitment, induction and training, performance management of staff, rostering, wage targets, financial targets, ensuring adherence to hotel policy and procedures, compliance with safety laws, ensure bars are maintained in a well-presented manner. This role also works closely with and assists the Venue Manager and other areas of the hotel as required including assigned hotel management responsibilities.
- Daily operations, management, and oversight of the bar
- Delivering superior and consistent service to maximise the customer experience
- Ensuring all customer interactions are handled with the utmost professionalism
- Upholding the highest presentation standards in the bar and its products
- Superior planning and execution of promotional activities in coordination with the management team
- Recruitment, training, and development of the bar team
- Implementation of sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to achieve required wage budgets through effective rostering and KPI’S
- Effectively stock management and adherence to procedures
- You will have a friendly, outgoing, and enthusiastic personality, and outstanding organisation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You must also have a passion for customer service, with the ability to lead by example and motivate staff to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Flexibility to work days and nights over a 7-day roster is essential including Public Holidays as required.
- Extensive and proven experience in bars and managing a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, mentoring, and time management skills
- A hands-on leadership style and team player attitude
- Ability to accept significant levels of responsibility and accountability
- Extensive knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Ability to train, motivate, and counsel staff in relation to performance issues
- Strong and ethical decision-making skills relating to staffing, customers, and strategic business issues
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate
- Responsible Person badge (RP)
- Exceptional cash handling skills
It is preferable that the successful candidate has or is willing to obtain…
- First Aid Certificate
- Basic Gaming Certificate
- Social Media and Marketing Skills
Culture and Benefits
- Competitive salary plus superannuation
- Time-off-in-lieu for public holidays worked and overtime hours each week
- Flexibility and support
- Career development and training opportunities
So, if your loved ones refer to you as a ‘people person, a ‘go getter’, maybe someone with creativity and a decent dose of logic, get in touch!
Submit your application with your resume and fill in all the questions in the application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.