Maralinga Tjarutja/Oak Valley Maralinga Corporation
The Maralinga Tjarutja (MT) Lands is located on the southern fringe of The Great Victoria
Desert, approximately 500kms northwest of Ceduna. Oak Valley (OV) is the only community
on Maralinga Tjarutja.
We are seeking a suitable Business Manager to assist in the operations of MT and OV organisations. The Business Manager ensures Maralinga Tjarutja Inc and Oak Valley Maralinga Aboriginal Corporation, and its related bodies operate on solid business principles through good planning, sound administration and adequate controls and reporting.
The position is accountable to the General Manager. It is expected that two weeks of every month
will be spent in each office at Ceduna and Oak Valley community, although some variation will take place according to organisational priorities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing various programs in Oak Valley which include Aged Care, Health Service and
Community Service programs
- Identifies funding opportunities, develop business cases and financial plans
- Monitors and reports progress against goals and objectives
- Develops business improvement strategies and provides advice to staff on management of funded activities
- Effectively manages assigned areas of responsibility, including capital projects and business improvement activities
- Shows business acumen and ensure compliance with legislation, legal requirements and funding agreements
- Implements sound administrative procedures, including record keeping, financial tracking and internal controls
- Asset management
- Attend board meetings and provide assistance with recording of minutes
- Liaise regularly with stakeholders and service providers
- Maintains workplace health and safety
Candidates must have the respect for Anangu law, customs and aspirations and the capacity to work collaboratively with Aboriginal people.
A current DHS / Police clearance is required.
The position is full time and subject to completion of a successful probationary period, will be offered to 30 June 2023.
Please contact Vaughn Waye – email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a job and person specification and submit a covering letter, address each of the person specification and a current resume to: Sharon Yendall, General Manager, Email: email@example.com no later than 5.00pm, 20 May 2022.
To apply for this job please visit oakvalley.com.au.