Life Without Barriers
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client’s individual needs and wants. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for you to make a positive change in the lives of People with a Disability.
We have multiple permanent part-time and casual positions available across our 24/7 supported residential home supporting Aboriginal men with disabilities and clients living in the community in Ceduna.
Working in a team, you will be actively supporting their individual complex needs by creating a safe environment and ensuring services are provided in a culturally appropriate way.
These roles will require successful applicants to be available and willing to work within a 24/7 roster that includes regular shift work, including night shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Assistance with daily living (including personal care)
- Community Access and Transport
- Maintain and Monitor Person Centred Plans
- Documenting and Progress Note keeping
- Assist individuals to engage in cultural activities and maintain cultural connection
- Maintain high level of integrity and regard for professional boundaries, confidentiality and ability to maintain sensitive information including Aboriginal matters.
Skills & Experience
- Unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) or similar
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate
- NDIS New Worker Orientation Module
- Sound understanding and sensitivity to Aboriginal culture and issues affecting Aboriginal people.
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake probity checks including a National Criminal History Record Check and hold NDIS Worker Screening Clearance.
- Salary Packaging providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses
- Work for one of Australia’s largest Social Purpose organisations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available
- Supportive culture and team environment
How to Apply
Include your resume and cover letter, click ‘Apply’. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact email@example.com
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement (https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA)
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.