Legal Services Commission
ASO2 Legal Secretary – Whyalla
The Legal Secretary/Administrative Officer will provide a confidential secretarial and administrative support service to a group of Lawyers working on criminal, family and civil matters.
Salary: $56,987 – $61,301 p.a. (ASO2)
Term of Employment Contract: 0.6 FTEongoing
What You Need For Success
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Type efficiently and accurately, with a minimum 45wpm with 98% accuracy, in a busy environment.
- Experience using current Microsoft products including Word; Excel and Outlook.
- Effectively manage priorities and work to deadlines.
- Build and sustain relationships with clients and legal professional people such as lawyers, prosecutors and court officials, on behalf of the lawyers.
- Draft letters and legal documents from notes and/or digital dictation software provided by legal officers.
- Make decisions and exercise sound judgment about what needs to be referred to the supported legal officers.
- Work as an effective member of a team.
To apply for this role you will need to submit your written application, consisting of a covering letter and your supporting résumé, to HR@lsc.sa.gov.au. All applications are to be submitted by 5:00pm on Wednesday 30 November 2022.
Please refer to the Position Description on our website (https://lsc.sa.gov.au/cb_pages/careers.php) for further details. Should you require any further information please direct your query to Kylie Herde on (08) 86862212.
At the Legal Services Commission of South Australia, we welcome applications from everyone. We are an inclusive employer, and support diversity and inclusion by recognising our staff for their unique qualities, ideas and insights.
Employees of the Legal Services Commission of South Australia can benefit from the generous salary packaging options that are available to them as staff members of a charitable organisation.
Further information can be obtained through Maxxia, Australia’s largest salary packaging provider https://www.maxxia.com.au/
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.