We need the cows to stop burping methane and we need your help to do it. Do you love research and development, want to work in a new & exciting industry and collaborate with others globally?
Kasandi in conjunction with CH4 Global are seeking a Hatchery Technician to join our growing team. Located on the outskirts of Port Lincoln, a new hatchery and prototype seaweed farm is being developed to further research Asparagopsis seaweed production.
The Hatchery Technician will assist CH4 Global to move Asparagopsis production to a commercial level, furthering the goal of decreasing methane emissions in ruminant livestock and positively impacting climate change.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in all aspects of a seaweed hatchery including maintaining cultures and spores
- Conduct water quality checks to ensure rearing conditions are optimal
- Operate and maintain a variety of aquaculture equipment including microscopes, pumps, autoclave and water filtration
- Assist in the commissioning and maintenance of hatchery/seaweed farm infrastructure
- Undertake experimentation with seaweed and assist Research Scientists as required.
- Routine cleaning of glassware, tanks and equipment
- Maintain records and enter data into company spreadsheets and documents
- Adhere to standard operating procedures, WHS requirements and hygiene requirements
- Participate in team meetings with staff in other global locations eg. New Zealand, USA
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to follow instruction and work to a high standard
- Highly developed personal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Practical problem solving skills
- Drivers licence
- Experience in a laboratory/hatchery position
- Experience within the aquaculture industry
- Diploma or equivalent tertiary qualification in Aquaculture
- Australian citizenship or existing legal working rights in Australia
Kasandi Aquaculture Development is a family friendly employer and flexible working hours will be negotiated where possible. Some weekend work and out of hours work is necessary but not the norm.
Expressions of interest and an updated resume can be forwarded to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.