Want to deliver a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to a hospital? Want to work for a growing company? Fancy a “sea-change” where the outback meets the sea?
This is a permanent full-time opportunity to join our collaborative team as a Clinical Pharmacist at Epic Pharmacy onsite at Whyalla Hospital.
This is a great chance to expand your career and be responsible for delivering modern, patient-focused pharmacy services to patients. Gain hands-on clinical involvement while partnering with an expert team of local staff and doctors.
Enjoy the stretching coastlines, beaches, marine wildlife, turquoise seas, conservation parks and much more.
- Prepare Best Possible Medication History lists for hospital inpatients
- Conduct medication chart reviews and medication reconciliation
- Dispense and supply medication and pharmacy products
- Coordinate patient medication requirements for inpatient stay, day infusions and discharge
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders to ensure excellent customer service to clients and patients
- Support patients, carers, hospital staff and associated employees
- Educate and advise staff and customers on health promotion, disease prevention, drug selection and the proper use of medicines
Services provided at the Whyalla Hospital and Health Service include:
- 24-hour accident and emergency services
- General medical and specialist surgical care
- Anaesthetic, cardiac, obstetric and neonatal services
- Chemotherapy and renal dialysis services
- Regional cancer resource centre
- Rehabilitation services
- Integrated mental health services
- Stroke services
Who are we?
About Epic Pharmacy:
Epic Pharmacy is one of Australia’s leading pharmacy providers. Underpinned by clinical excellence and a commitment to customer care, Epic delivers innovative medication management solutions and pharmacy services for public and private hospitals and our Icon Cancer Centres across Australia.
- Valued rewards and recognition program
- Formal induction and training provided
- Professional development program to advance your career
- Access to paid parental leave
- Access to a range of clinical and non-clinical education programs
- Employee Assistance Program
Read Dan’s journey from community pharmacy to a clinical role at Icon Group: https://icongroup.global/en/careers/our-people/stories/dan-corrigan/
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking a highly driven and team-oriented pharmacist who can deliver a high standard of customer service with sensitivity, compassion, and professionalism. You will have high attention to detail and strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Be a current AHPRA registered pharmacist with previous experience in an Australian based pharmacy
- Have strong knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
- Have time management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Be flexible and adaptable working with a diverse team
- Embrace change and commit to learning
- Value attention to detail and able to work autonomously
- Previous dispensing/clinical experience in an Australian based hospital or community pharmacy
Please attach a resume and cover letter showing us why you’d love to join us, and what makes you a great fit for the role.
Icon Group celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds.
COVID Health Requirement
In submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that a state government public health order, direction and/or regulation may be applicable to the workplace and/or role that you are applying for (“COVID Health Requirement”). You acknowledge and agree to comply with any applicable COVID Health Requirement including, but not limited to, providing us with information regarding your COVID vaccination status upon our reasonable request.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.