Matthews Hospitality is an award-winning hotel group and family-owned business in South Australia with 80 years of rich history.
Making others feel good, feels great!
This philosophy is why we love what we do, for our people and our customers.
- Be empowered and empower others as part of a supportive team
- Being respectful and showing compassion is at the heart of our behaviour
- Showing up for success is how we drive each other to achieve
- We uphold professional standards and lead by example
- We operate our business and conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity
Hotel Eyre has been operating since 1961 and is moving into an exciting new chapter of operation! We pride ourselves on impeccable customer service, great ambiance, and fabulous food and beverage. We have a large family-friendly restaurant and beer garden, front bar, gaming room, accommodation, and the Eyre Pantry!
ABOUT THE JOB
This role is critical to the hotel’s daily operations, ensuring cleanliness and hygiene of the highest possible standard for our valued guests and customers.
Ensure the highest quality of service and experience is provided across our freshly renovated hotel and accommodation.
A full-time Head Cleaner position is available for the right candidate, working across a 7-day roster you will be responsible for ensuring the hotel reaches and maintains a 4-star standard. The successful candidate will support a small team of cleaners and the Guest Services Manager to implement and uphold procedures and standards.
Experience and responsibility:
- A superstar cleaner with high attention to detail and focus on continuous improvement
- Has enthusiasm to lift the standards and expectations as the hotel elevates in its positioning with recent renovations, growth, and tourism focus
- Previous cleaning experience in a commercial or guest services environment would be beneficial
- Punctual, trustworthy, and reliable
- Able to lead by example and with influence
- Implement and uphold appropriate procedures and expectations
- Effective time management and ability to manage competing priorities
- Able to remain motivated when working alone and keep to tight deadlines
- Friendly, approachable, and cooperative when in a team environment
- Knowledge of duty of care and responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012
- Ability to read and understand MSDSs and SDSs and follow Safe Operating Procedures
- Physically capable of undertaking all activities and manual handling duties in a safe and effective manner
- Cleaning in all departments and areas front and back of house as required by management. This will include walls, floors, seating, furnishings, tables, shelving, windows and any other items within departments as required
- Cleaning and disinfecting all toilet areas to the standard required
- Monitor and replenish the various dispensers and toilet paper as required
- Collecting and disposing of waste/rubbish from various departments in line with procedure
- Laundry duties, which may include the washing and drying of hotel cloths, table cloths, bar runners and other items
- Responsibility to execute accommodation room cleaning and the cleaning of common areas including stairways, corridors and lounge or guest kitchen areas in line with Venue standards as well as Management’s instructions
- Replace dirty linen, towels and other room supplies as per hotel policy
- Realign furniture and amenities according to the prescribed layout
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies in supplies/chemicals or needs for repairs.
- Notify management of any maintenance issues
- Ensure the housekeeping checklist as provided by management is completed
- Responsible to ensure guest confidentiality and security of guest rooms is maintained
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures at all times in order to ensure a safe working environment is maintained
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury and report all hazards to management urgently
- Responsible for the appropriate handling and storage of cleaning chemicals
The ideal candidate will have experience and passion for maintaining 4-star facilities for our busy hotel, taking it to the next level with a multimillion-dollar renovation.
- Proven working experience as a cleaner with an appropriate level of training
- Excellent attention to detail and initiative
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment safely and correctly
- Working knowledge of cleaning chemicals, supplies, and cleaning equipment
- Ability to read and understand Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to prioritise and good time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently without compromising on quality
- Good communication skills with the ability to listen carefully and ask questions to gain clarification
- Must be able to cooperate with a wide range of staff in a pleasant manner
HOW TO APPLY
Have your resume with relevant contact details for your references ready to upload and press ‘Apply Now’.
Only applicants who live in or near Whyalla and have unrestricted working rights in Australia will be considered.
All applicants on a Visa will be checked with the Department of Immigration before they can commence work.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.