HenderCare Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation committed to improving the lives of vulnerable children and young people.
Youth care workers provide care, guidance and support to children and young people under Guardianship of the Chief Executive, Department for Child Protection (DCP).
About the role
Youth care workers help deliver residential care services, working with DCP to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people.
Working across a flexible roster, shifts are typically 8 hours and may include active (awake) and passive (sleeping) overnight shifts. Care workers receive comprehensive induction and training, and access to a Staff Benefits Program.
The Foundation is seeking people with relevant work or study placement experience working with children and young people in an educational or care setting; caring and responsible people who enjoy working as part of a team and can meet specific requirements.
If you want to help make a positive difference in the lives of children and young people, we want to hear from you.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
Our ideal candidate
You will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Enrolled to complete or completed minimum qualifications in any of the following:
- Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- Certificate IV in Community Services
- Certificate IV in Youth Work
- Complete or enrolled to complete minimum training in all of the following:
- HLTAID011 (Previously HLTAID003) Provide First Aid Certificate (within the past 3 years)
- HLTAID009 (Previously HLTAID001) Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation CPR) Certificate (issued within the past 12 months)
- Safe Environments for Children and Young People ‘Through their Eyes’ Certificate (issued within the past 3 years)
- Hold, or be willing to obtain all of the following:
- Current Full Class C South Australian Driver’s License
- Current Private Vehicle with Roadworthiness Report
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration
- Current Working with Children Check (issued within past 5 years); or former DHS Child-Related Employment Clearance (issued within past 3 years)
- Current National Police Check
- Current NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Right to live and work in Australia
About HenderCare Foundation
HenderCare Foundation (the Foundation) is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation and part of the HenderCare Group.
The HenderCare Group currently provides a range of community, health, mental health, disability and care services to its clients throughout Australia.
The Foundation is committed to improving the lives of vulnerable children and young people under the care of child protection services. Our large team of caring professionals take immense pride in our capacity to respond to the unique needs of every child and young person – ensuring they feel safe, nurtured and are heard.
To find out more about HenderCare, visit us at www.hendercare.com.au
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.