Greening Australia Limited
Who We Are
Greening Australia is a proudly independent environmental enterprise committed to restoring Australia’s diverse landscapes and protecting biodiversity in ways that benefit communities, economies and nature. With projects spanning the breadth of the country, we apply a science-led, collaborative approach to deliver nature-based solutions addressing the twin crises of climate change and biodiversity loss.
Our organisation is made up of more than 150 knowledgeable and passionate employees across Australia, creating a measurable and lasting impact on Australia’s unique environment. We believe that people thrive when nature thrives, and we work to translate this shared value into practice.
Watch our latest Impact video below to learn more about some of our recent work.
Key Position Accountabilities
As Greening Australia continues to grow, the Senior Program Officer role will be accountable for high level technical support and overseeing the on-ground staff and subcontracted delivery of our projects.
This 2 year fixed term position is based on the West Coast Eyre Peninsula, South Australia (Nauo Country) and will suit an experienced environmental professional.
The role will involve:
- Overseeing on-ground delivery including: project budgets, staff/asset management, partners, subcontractors, volunteers and community groups ensuring delivery in a safe and professional manner.
- Liaising with the Project Services Team to ensure project requirements are being accurately represented in PM software.
- Contributing to organisational media and communications tasks, including workshops and presentations.
- Maintaining landholder relationships and undertaking site monitoring programs.
- Maintaining project reporting requirements.
You will bring:
- Qualifications in Environmental Science, or extensive practical experience in environmental works.
- 5 – 7 years experience with environmental project delivery and landholder engagement.
- Experience with managing project budgets and project risk and contributing to financial forecasting processes.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting large scale and complex practical environmental works.
- Demonstrated ability to lead work teams, including the ability to successfully lead teams on difficult and challenging projects.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team, show initiative and to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in liaison with clients and the public.
- Physically fit, able and willing to work in remote areas for both short and extended periods away from home.
- Understanding of occupational, health and safety, equity and diversity principles and practices.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License.
- Degree in Environmental Management and/or Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated competence in written and oral communication skills, including the preparation of reports.
- Botanical / vegetation identification skills related to local area.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Experience with data collection for monitoring and reporting & R&D projects.
- Professional networks with NRMs, R&D organisations, Department of Environment and E-NGOS.
- Resident of west Coast Eyre Peninsula.
What we offer
- Flexible approach to work with options for adjusting start and finish times & remote working.
- Opportunities for learning and development and internal career progression.
- Stop. Breath. Think. – No Meetings Fridays.
- Wellbeing Days & GA Big Day Off.
- 11.75% Super.
- Salary Packaging.
- Employee Assistance Program.
How To Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining why you’re the perfect fit for this role via Seek.
Applications close: Friday 9th December 2022
If you’d like to know more, please contact Luke Kingston, Operations Lead – SA on 08 8372 0198.
Greening Australia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment and welcome and encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community and candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.