Goodstart Early Learning
Are you interested in building an exciting career that has a positive impact on children? Do you want to join a team that continuously invests in your professional development and supports you to enjoy life outside of work?
As a Trainee Educator at Goodstart Whyalla you will be dedicated to giving children the best possible start to their Early Learning journey. With the support of your Centre Leadership Team, Teachers, and Educators, you will be empowered to forge your career whilst working towards a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education & Care.
You will achieve this by:
- Maintaining a safe environment for children, families, and team members
- Complying with National Quality Standards (NQS) and Goodstart Policies, Procedures and Requirements
- Building and maintaining strong, positive relationships with children and families
- Actively contributing to the education program in the room and the centre team
- Supporting a culture of reflective practice and ongoing continuous improvement
- Contributing to a professional and positive work culture
In addition, you must have:
- A permanent right to work in Australia
- Strong communication skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Flexible availability
- Interest in early years education
- Working with Children Check (or be willing to obtain one)
- Proof of immunisation against COVID-19 – three doses
- Proof of Immunisation against Influenza (Flu season only each year) Measles, Mumps and Rubella & Whooping Cough (Pertussis) or willing to obtain.
Why choose Goodstart?
There are so many reasons to join the Goodstart family. Let’s start with the benefits!
- Goodstart will support you to complete your Certificate III qualification
- Better pay – you will receive an above award pay rate
- Access to study time and professional development – we offer a range of opportunities to grow your skills and your career
- Wellbeing focus – you’ll get two extra days off per year. And our dedicated wellbeing program will ensure you get the support you need, when you need it most
- Additional leave – you’ll have the option to purchase extra leave for even greater work life balance
- Retail and childcare discounts – you’ll save money on insurance, travel and technology, and get up to 50% discount off your childcare gap fees
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application. We review applications as they are submitted. We encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.