Golding Contractors Pty Ltd
Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is located approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. It has seasonal weather with warm balmy summer days and cosy fireside winters. Whyalla boasts exceptional fishing and wide open spaces to explore at your doorstep. It has excellent educational facilities with a new state of the art Secondary School and its own University.
Numerous vacancies currently exist for experienced Service Persons to be based at either our Iron Knob, Iron Baron or South Middleback Range sites located near Whyalla, South Australia.
These are residential roles, allowing you to reside in either Whyalla, Cowell or Port Augusta during your 7 days on. Bus transport is provided to site from Whyalla. Bus transport is also provided to SMR from Cowell and to IKMA from Port Augusta.
Excellent 7/7, day/night rotating Lifestyle roster working 12 hour shifts
We are looking for candidates who place the highest value on the safety of themselves and their colleagues. You demonstrate Golding’s culture of care, dignity and respect for the people, the equipment and the environment in the work that you do. We pride ourselves on our diverse workforce.
Key Role Tasks:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the role is responsible for carrying out service and maintenance across all heavy earth moving equipment on site.
- Mechanical Trade background preferred, or possess a strong mechanical aptitude and experience
- Daily refuelling and servicing on a broad range of mining equipment
- Identifying defects on equipment during servicing and performing servicing in regard to service sheets as directed
- Undertake other work in support of maintainers where necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of task instructions and procedures, and assist colleagues to do the same
- Complete all administrative duties as required
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate would be beneficial
- Experience working on Hitachi, Caterpillar & Komatsu machinery
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent attitude towards safety and commitment to zero-harm
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Current drivers’ licence – HR preferred but not essential
- Competitive wage package including generous allowances and incentive bonuses
- Permanent Role
- Opportunities for training, development and internal promotion
Please apply online below.
Golding is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.