Golding Contractors Pty Ltd
We are currently seeking a Mining Engineer to be based at our Whyalla SA Operations Project. The successful candidate will hold suitable engineering degree qualifications and be highly capable, possessing not only the required technical skills but also demonstrated ability in applying effective social process skills, including leadership and communication.
Candidates will also have strong drive and energy and thrive on working in a challenging work environment, with genuine opportunities for development and career progression.
This is a residential role working a 8/6 Roster (8 days on/6 days off, day shift only).
Key Role Requirements:
- Prepare reports, schedules and plans in accordance with the site Production Plan requirements such that they are accurate and timely;
- Monitor the effectiveness of the implementation of the authorised Production Plan and provide advice to your Manager on possible improvements;
- Review operational outputs and identify performance trends and opportunities for improvement;
- Provide technical input into investigation reports as required by your Manager;
- Participate as a team member in business improvement initiatives.
Key capability requirements:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or equivalent;
- Additional Commercial or Project Management experience and/or qualifications are desirable;
- Strong and demonstrated skills in cost and contract management;
- High level communication skills, including written and verbal;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and constructively interact with people at all levels, including internal, external stakeholders and clients;
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain a ‘Zero Harm’ behaviour and project culture;
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Experience in the use of mine planning software such as Talpac, Surpac, Vulcan, XPAC or similar;
- Additional skills in SAP and other mine planning software is advantageous.
Please apply online.
Golding is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.