Golding Contractors Pty Ltd
Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is located approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. It has seasonal weather with warm balmy summer days and cosy fireside winters. Whyalla boasts exceptional fishing and wide open spaces to explore at your doorstep. It has excellent educational facilities with a new state of the art Secondary School and its own University.
Numerous vacancies currently exist for experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to be based at either our Iron Knob, Iron Baron or South Middleback Range sites located near Whyalla, South Australia.
These are residential roles, allowing you to reside in either Whyalla, Cowell or Port Augusta during your 7 days on. Bus transport is provided to site from Whyalla. Bus transport is also provided to SMR from Cowell and to IKMA from Port Augusta.
Excellent 7/7, day/night rotating Lifestyle roster working 12 hour shifts
We are looking for candidates who place the highest value on the safety of themselves and their colleagues. You demonstrate Golding’s culture of care, dignity and respect for the people, the equipment and the environment in the work that you do. We pride ourselves on our diverse workforce.
Key Role Tasks:
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor the role is responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance across all heavy earth moving equipment on site.
- Trouble shooting and diagnosis of equipment faults
- Disassembly and assembly of machinery and components
- Routine servicing of all equipment both site workshop and field based
- Complete all maintenance administration requirements in a timely and legible manner
- Operate equipment in a safe and respectful manner
- Actively participate in toolbox and safety meetings
- Participate in hazard identification, risk assessment and JHA’s and SWP’s where necessary for specific work areas
- Australian recognised Trade Certificate
- Experience working on Hitachi, Caterpillar & Komatsu machinery
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent attitude towards safety and commitment to zero-harm
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic
- Current drivers’ licence – HR preferred but not essential
- Competitive wage package including generous allowances and incentive bonuses
- Permanent Role
- Opportunities for training, development and internal promotion
Please apply online below .
Golding is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.