About the role
As the Workforce Development Advisor, your role is to support the provision of training advisory and governance through training needs analysis, training programs, training and assessment materials, and training and assessment methodology to support operational readiness and ensure alignment and compliance to relevant operational, safety and legislative requirements.
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting business units through the facilitation of training needs analysis and operational business process mapping to identify on-the-job, occupational and essential training requirements by role.
- Conduct training needs analysis and skills audits to determine training proprieties
- Conduct annual assessments and refreshers of employees
- Perform training administration and other ad-hoc duties as required.
About your experience
We are looking for someone with a proactive attitude, a strong desire to succeed, great customer service skills, and ideally, experience in a similar role.
You will also have;
- Certificate in Training and assessment preferred, or relevant experience
- Experience in competency based training environment
- Attention to detail, ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technological skills around Microsoft TEAMS, PowerPoint, and other 365 Microsoft tools.
About our team
GFG Alliance is a collection of global businesses and investments owned by Sanjeev Gupta and his family. The Alliance has 3 core industry groups; Liberty Steel, Alvance Aluminium and Simec Energy, different businesses working together as one towards the delivery of a common industrial strategy. We are on a mission to invigorate metals manufacturing and engineering around the world by using sustainable solutions, new technology, local resources, and big thinking.
SIMEC Mining, a member of GFG Alliance, has operations in SA and NSW. Our Iron Ore operation in South Australia’s Middleback Ranges South of Whyalla; consist of three primary sites: Iron Baron, Iron Knob and the South Middleback Ranges. The Alliance also owns a portfolio of non-ferrous mining assets located in South Australia. This includes the Ardrossan Dolomite Mine – which supplies dolomite flux to Liberty’s Whyalla Steelworks – as well as a collection of copper-gold exploration projects. Whyalla is a diverse coastal community based approximately 400 km from Adelaide.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.