About the role
Reporting to the Maintenance Lead, an exciting opportunity has become available for a Boilermaker/Fabricator to join the team at our Iron Duke site. The duties for this role will centre around the Concentrator and Fixed Crusher plant, where you will work an attractive 4/3/3/4 roster.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Execute planned maintenance, fabrication and inspection tasks
- Identify opportunities for improvement and provide feedback via the maintenance management system
- Complete all tasks safely and to a high quality
- Support shutdown tasks requiring your input as an individual or working with other members of the team
- Ensure availability and reliability of a variety of machinery. This will include the execution of preventative and predictive maintenance as well as attending to breakdowns if the need arises.
About your experience
To be successful in the role you will be a self-starter with the drive to complete any task you are given. This role will challenge and reward you; it will see you work in a strong team with a focus on safety performance and maintaining a reliable site.
Other things that will support your application:
- Boilermaker / Fabrication trade qualification
- Previous experience working on plant and equipment within a similar heavy industry
- Preventative maintenance, breakdown and shutdown experience is desirable
- Ability to fabricate and weld to test standards.
About our team
SIMEC Mining, a member of GFG Alliance, has operations in SA and NSW. Our Iron Ore mining operations in South Australia’s Middleback Ranges, south of Whyalla, consist of three primary mine sites: Iron Baron, Iron Knob and the South Middleback Ranges. Administration functions and ore processing and shipping facilities are located within the city limits of Whyalla, with corporate functions based in Adelaide.
The Iron Ore business is on an exciting trajectory to expand our mining and processing operations with significant investment over the next three years. Our operations in Tahmoor NSW produce metallurgical coal for the steel making process where the business is currently investing to expand and extend the life of the operations.
Located on the Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla has over 100 sports codes and activities ranging from wind surfing and kite boarding, paddle boarding and kayaking, sailing, and diving, through to a thriving team sport community.
Whyalla is the region’s biggest city for retail shopping and offers a range of health care services through the local hospital, well equipped medical centres and three modern pharmacies. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities, most notable is the non-Adelaide based university campus in South Australia. Students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.