About the role
We are currently seeking a Shutdown Coordinator to manage shutdown activities in Whyalla. You will be working alongside with our key stake holders and coordinate with them to ensure successful outcomes.
- Coordinate all stages of the Shutdown Management process ensuring each of the stages and milestones are achieved to ensure shutdowns are prepared and executed in a safely and cost-effective manner.
- Engage key contractors prior to the start of the shutdown to ensure they understand the scope of the work they will execute and the delivery expectations.
- Work with planners and area owners in the development and preparation of all work packages for work performed during shutdown.
- Coordinate and get management approval for any shutdown scope changes
- Manage people and other resources during shutdown execution to deliver the outcomes of the shut successfully, measured in four main areas – safety performance, duration, work completion and cost.
- Coordinate daily meetings during shutdown execution and communicate to senior management progress.
- Follow up with contracting companies to ensure they deliver daily close-out sheets to ensure appropriate invoicing
- Ensuring that all personal involved in shutdown, (LPS employees and contractors) have the required safety qualifications, have completed mandatory Inductions, and follow LPS safe systems of work and maintenance procedures
Through application the role is responsible for the Planning, Scheduling, Execution and Close out of plant shutdowns across the facility. With an overriding commitment to safety performance and improvement, the role is responsible for facilitating all readiness activities and execution to ensure that shutdowns are delivered in line with safety, duration, quality and cost key performance indicators.
About our team
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide
About your experience
Our ideal candidate will have a relevant trade qualification ideally in mechanical or electrical background with experience around running processes and systems. You will also have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in maintenance execution in high complex manufacturing plants, steel industry preferred.
- Extensive experience managing Shutdowns and Turnaround in high complex processing facilities.
- Thorough understanding of shutdown management process and tools.
- Extensive experience managing contractors.
- Extensive experience scoping out work packages.
- Extensive knowledge in managing maintenance following Work Management process using SAP (Notification creation, Purchase Requisitions, Work Orders, etc.)
- Extensive experience using Safe Systems of Work including Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessments, Isolations, Working at height, Confined Space, etc.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.