About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Maintenance Leader to join our Engineering division. Reporting to the Maintenance Services Manager and leading the breakdown crew (as well as some workshop crew).
- Leading the maintenance team in delivering cost-effective and reliable equipment to achieve or exceed manufacturing goals
- Development of effective maintenance strategies, improvement tasks and safety
- Effective use of SAP to coordinate all maintenance activities within the engineering department
- Significant input to the scoping, planning and execution of work priorities
- Directing the execution of any planned or unplanned maintenance work at the plant.
Roster: 7 days, day/night shift
About your experience
To be successful in this role, you can manage multiple conflicting priorities ensuring the efficient management of the electrical maintenance team. You take pride in your ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of management and staff, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Possess an Electrical trade/Electrical Engineering qualification or demonstrated experience within in manufacturing, mining, oil and gas or heavy industry preferred (any relevant background will be considered)
- Class A electrical licence
- Demonstrated leadership experience in an electrical team
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- Experience in plant fault finding, manual and PLC
- Resourceful approach to problem-solving
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve business outcomes
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and introduce improvements in maintenance practices and plant performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong IT proficiency including MS Office and SAP
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.