GFG Alliance is an international grouping of businesses, founded by the British Gupta Family. The Alliance’s integrated business model encompasses mining, energy generation, metals and engineering, underpinned by industry-friendly financial services, a substantial property portfolio.
About the role
Under new leadership and reporting to the Head of Health Safety and Risk, you will make immediate impact as part of significant transformational and leading industry change. In addition to experience like no other, you will gain exposure to all facets of Safety across an Integrated Manufacturing Industry, from Pit to Product including Port, power, gas and construction. This role is essential in embedding key safety processes, evolving a pro-active interdependent safety culture, establishing formal reporting systems, auditing health and safety processes and guiding the development and application of an integrated safety business model.
- Build and foster strong relationships across industry business units and support services
- Provide solid advice and solutions at both a strategic and tactical throughout all levels of the organisation
- Identify and implement value add change
- Provide advice, guidance and support on safety related issues, including investigations and risk mitigation
- Drive our continuous improvement and site safe systems of work framework
- Facilitate incident investigations, hazard identification and risk assessments
- Support line leaders to ensure the effective implementation and communication of the GFG health and safety policy, standards, programs and procedures
- Ensure that business unit safety systems meet the requirements of local legislation
- Conduct audits of business processes that are associated with inherently high-risk activities
- Support the implementation of new health and safety initiatives
About your experience
Ideally you will understand the importance of continuous improvement, supporting transitional projects and work cultures for the future as we continue to focus heavily on carbon reduction and sustainability. Energised and positive in nature, as well as the drive and tenacity to be a strong advocate to making things happen.
You also have:
- Relevant qualification in OH&S
- Previous Industry experience in high risk, Manufacturing, Mining, or similar heavy industry exposure is highly advantageous and or the desire to challenge yourself across industry is encouraged
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and incident investigations
- Effective at influencing and coaching a wide variety of stakeholders, line managers, safety team members and on-site contractors
- Innovative and creative approach to safety with a proactive attitude
- Ability to work autonomously
- Not essential but highly regarded would be any high-risk work licenses, working at heights or confined spaces
If you feel that you are an exceptionally capable and conscientious person first and foremost, then we would love you to help us do great things.
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
Liberty Primary Steel and SIMEC Mining are members of GFG Alliance and operate integrated steelworks and iron ore mining operations in the Whyalla Region of South Australia.
We are a culturally diverse organisation with a long history of demonstrated commitment to our first nations community, females in industry and people with a disability; In addition to uncompromising levels of safety for our employees and broader region, strong customer centricity and work life balance.
Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Work in one of the most affordable coastal locations in Australia that is within driving distance of a major capital city; not to mention wineries, fishing, camping, hiking and beautiful beaches at your doorstep.
- Work in a location with a strong sense of community and family
- Work for an organisation that values Family and Sustainability
- Have access to a new state-of-the-art and community focused schools and other tertiary education campuses
- Be part of significant transformational projects and complex construction
- Expand your skillset with career development and progression domestically and internationally
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.