About the role
Based on-site in Whyalla and reporting to the Inventory Lead, the Quality Assurance Specialist plays an integral part of the Stores & Inventory Team by ensuring compliance to the Whyalla Operations standards relating to quality inspection and preservation.
This would ideally suit an experienced Mechanical Trades person looking for a more quality inspection type of role and a great lifestyle roster. Any interest from qualified Machinists, Fitter and Turners or Boilermakers are highly encouraged.
This is a day shift, 38 hours per week (7.6 hours per day), Monday to Friday role, offering flexibility on start and finish times.
- Directly responsible for the day-to-day inspections and management of all items that require inspection based on quality requirements
- Lead and develop a robust Quality Assurance program to measure and confirm manufactured spare are to the appropriate specification, within tolerances and to the quality required by the Company
- Provide excellent customer assistance to Plant department by prioritising breakdown requirements
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Stores team regarding spares identification through drawings as well as preservation techniques
- Ensure that physical stock on hand and the ERS systems stock on hand match when inspecting, transferring, and binning spares in to store locations
- Manage all patterns and gauges held within the Stores by keeping the gauge and pattern database up to date
About your experience
With an ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, our ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in the inspection of products within tolerance and specification and able to report on non-conformances and corrective action.
You also have:
- Trade or equivalent engineering tertiary qualifications or higher
- Sound knowledge of relevant engineering standards, OPEX standards and statutory requirements
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- High level attention to detail and analytical skills
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Computer literacy, including SAP (or equivalent), Microsoft Word, Microsoft, Excel and Outlook
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end-to-end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion, and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.