About the role
Based on-site in Whyalla and reporting into the Sourcing Manager, this role generates value for the Whyalla businesses from the engagement of contractors and suppliers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage sourcing events up to $1m
- Raise purchase orders to approved requisitions within procurement sourcing guidelines
- Ensuring tender timelines deliver outcomes in accordance with overall portfolio of work
- Provide market engagement, including in depth knowledge of suppliers of services
- Work in a business partnering relationship with a number of key stakeholders across the business to achieve the best outcomes for GFG Alliance
- Ensuring visibility and understanding of leading-edge sourcing strategies and practices
About your experience
You are approachable and friendly and ideally have proven experience in a similar on-site role within a mining, manufacturing, or heavy industry sector. You have a strong sense of work ethic, are a natural go getter and are used to working in a dynamic environment prioritizing competing demands.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience in sourcing for, or management of, a complex organizational (manufacturing or industrial) environment
- Purchasing and administration experience is highly regarded
- Experience in negotiating large, complex contracts across a diverse organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of analytical skills with proven ability to model, analyze and summarize data
- Customer-focused nature
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.