About the role
Due to continued growth, our Whyalla site is seeking Tundish Service Shop Production Operators to join their busy team. We currently have multiple ongoing new opportunities within our Steelmaking side of the business.
This is a great opportunity to get into a career in heavy industry and manufacturing! We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated, and committed applicants who are looking for a career within the growing steel industry in South Australia.
Rural applicants and those looking for a change of scenery or location, highly encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working closely within your workgroup in a variety of team-based and autonomous roles, operating various basic and complex machinery
- Repetitive manual work including heavy lifting and maintenance work
- Willingness to participate with competency-based training requirements.
About your experience
You will be:
- Industrial experience with some mechanical knowledge beneficial.
- Forklift License and JLG/EWP ticket holders will be highly regarded
- Computer literate
- Able to demonstrate teamwork and can work independently
- Hold safety as a core value.
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We welcome you to join us.
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.