About the role
Our team at Liberty Primary Steel in Whyalla is searching for skilled and reliable operators to join our Steel Products department. The right candidate will be able to work in a diverse production environment within a wide range of duties in our primary operations area.
We focus on providing you with the exposure you need to grow and develop your skillset while working with our supportive and skilled team of operators.
Your key duties will be the following:
- Operate basic and complex steel manufacturing machinery to produce high-quality steel products
- Operator Oxy Cutting machines
- Perform general labouring activities and work in our Mill and Shapes Finishing End areas.
- Willingness to participate in competency-based training
- Championing safety procedures to the highest standard
The role runs in a continuous shift roster; 12-hour shifts.
About your experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following qualities:
- Experience in steel production, industrial, or heavy industry is desirable
- Forklift ticket or license is highly regarded
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively with the teams across all sections of the plant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A can-do attitude, safety-focused, and has initiative
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion, and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.