About the role
We are currently seeking multiple reliable and enthusiastic production operators to join our Steelmaking team at Liberty Steel in Whyalla. These exciting opportunities operate on a 12-hour shift pattern and are across a few different areas within the team including the Caster and the Tundish Services Shop.
Rural applicants and those looking for a change of scenery or location, highly encouraged to apply.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Working closely within your workgroup in a variety of team-based and autonomous roles, operating various basic and complex machinery
- Repetitive manual work including heavy lifting and maintenance work
- Willingness to participate with competency-based training requirements.
- Participating and contributing to safety Personal risk assessments and investigations when required
- Forklift operating
- Operating complex machinery and process controlling.
- Operating gantry cranes, dependant on role
About your experience
To be successful in the role, you will possess the following qualities:
- Strong focus on safety, initiative, and a can-do attitude
- Good computer and communication skills
- Able to work in a close team environment
- Engaged and willing to undertake different roles as required
- Bridge and Gantry ticket (advantageous)
- Forklift ticket (advantageous)
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.