About the role
Reporting to the Engineering Governance Leader, this role acts as a representative for the business ensuring every customer receives successful outcomes and engineering solutions on time, on budget and of the highest quality. With a focus on coordination in this role, an emphasis will be placed on your aptitude to make sure things happen in order of highest priority.
Primarily responsible for providing engineering governance and structural integrity leadership, you will also:
- Ensure customer requirements/objectives and scopes for assigned work packages and projects are clearly defined and adhere to change management practices
- Provide leadership to ensure all designated work packages deliver fit for purpose engineering solutions
- Lead and support the structural/civil integrity program through structural inspections and defect rectification works
- Manage the risk register to mitigate high risks and represent the business as the Project Owners Rep for all improvement projects
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Consultants/Contractors to agree on scope requirements and proactively resolve performance, scope, schedule, and resource issues as they arise
- Build and maintain effective customer relationships
- Contribute to resource planning, procurement activities and corrective action plans
- Work within a solid health, safety, and environment framework, with a continuous improvement culture
About your experience
As a highly connected Structural Engineer and customer focused leader you will have the resourcefulness to tap into your network for assistance when required. As a subject matter expert for all things structural and civil, you will also bring to the role:
- Relevant Structural Engineering qualification, CPEng preferred (Australia)
- Formal Qualification in Management Operating Systems preferred
- Extensive site experience in heavy industry and/or construction
- Competent in preparing, reviewing, and approving designs, calculations, specifications, and scopes of work
- Proficient in SAP and MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Project
- Accomplished in building effective teams to support internal and external customers
- Sound knowledge in other engineering disciplines to support the delivery of engineering solutions in the structural engineering discipline
- Demonstrated ability in the application of procurement practices
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.