About the role
We are currently seeking for a reliable, enthusiastic operator to join our Power and Services team at Liberty Steel in Whyalla. This is a perfect role for someone that is looking for long term career progression.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Working closely within your workgroup in a variety of team-based and autonomous roles, operating various basic and complex machinery
- Willingness to participate with competency-based training requirements
About your experience
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following qualities:
- Boiler Turbine license is essential
- Strong focus on safety, initiative and can-do attitude
- Good computer Skills, Honeywell DCS will be highly regarded
- Capable of working collaboratively across the business to achieve results
- Excellent fault finding and troubleshooting skills with a proactive approach
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.