About the role
Reporting to the Blast Furnace Operations Manager, you will plan, coordinate, and control activities within the Blast Furnace (BF) operations area. As a result of internal promotion, this opportunity presents itself to carry out work in accordance with agreed customer and supplier service level agreements (SLA’s), matched to process capability, at optimal cost with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Contribute to and ensure compliance with safety, environmental, quality control plans and operating standards
- Support the weekly operations production schedule ensuring any shutdown work is integrated into the maintenance plan
- Provide an environment that supports operational ownership of plant and equipment reliability coaching and involvement in reliability teams
- Ensure contract costs are minimised through scrutiny of work carried out
- Work within budget constraints of the BF operations budget
- Support training & development of BF operations personnel
- Performance management of Operations Shift Staff
- Provides support to the Operations, Maintenance & Technology teams.
About your experience
Our ideal candidate will have a high level of interpersonal skills, plant and process knowledge, and a strong sense of accountability for processes and the performance of others. They will possess a demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams while assisting in solving daily plant, process, and equipment issues to optimise performance.
You also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification – engineering, metallurgy, commercial, business management or equivalent is desirable
- Demonstrated leadership experience in manufacturing businesses
- Solid experience in Blast Furnace operational environment preferred
- Sound understanding of manufacturing methodologies and improvement processes
- Demonstrated experience in Operational Management of a manufacturing asset
- Able to translate business unit requirements to ‘task level’ for employees
- Strong IT proficiency including MS Office and SAP ideally
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end to end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.