About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Leading Hand Mechanical Fitter to join our maintenance team at the Pellet Plant.
You will demonstrate your leadership through your hands on approach of leading a team to perform planned preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure the condition and productive capacity of the Plant meets production targets.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing leadership and support to the mechanical trade crew
- Undertaking preventive and breakdown maintenance
- Diagnosing faults and performing repairs on mechanical equipment
- Scoping tasks for work planning
- Keeping accurate records of completed work
- Willingness to participate with competency-based training requirements
- Compliance with quality and safety processes
About your experience
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Certificate III Mechanical Engineering or mechanical fitter trade certificate is essential
- Supervisory experience with the ability to delegate work and lead a small team
- Strong focus on safety and initiative with a can-do attitude
- Excellent fault finding and troubleshooting skills along with a proactive approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all level
- Background in mining and minerals or heavy manufacturing is preferred
About our team
SIMEC Mining, a member of GFG Alliance, has operations in SA and NSW. Our Iron Ore mining operations in South Australia’s Middleback Ranges, south west of Whyalla, consist of three primary mine sites: Iron Baron, Iron Knob and the South Middleback Ranges. Our Tahmoor Colliery in New South Wales, is an underground longwall coal mine with an associated coal preparation plant, producing high quality coking coal for global markets. Administration functions and ore pelletising and port facilities are located within the city limits of Whyalla, with corporate functions based in Adelaide and Sydney.
The Iron Ore business is on an exciting trajectory to expand our mining and processing operations with significant investment over the next three years. Our operations in Tahmoor NSW produce metallurgical coal for the steel making process where the business is currently investing to expand and extend the life of the operations.
Located on the Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla has over 100 sports codes and activities ranging from wind surfing and kite boarding, paddle boarding and kayaking, sailing, and diving, through to a thriving team sport community.
Whyalla is the region’s biggest city for retail shopping and offers a range of health care services through the local hospital, well equipped medical centres and three modern pharmacies. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities, most notable is the non-Adelaide based university campus in South Australia. Students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.