About the role
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader, you will be responsible for the day-to-day performance of mechanical equipment within the Blast Furnace department. As a Project Controller, a pivotal part of this role will be the responsibility of managing and coordinating both internal and external resources to maintain plant integrity and improve performance.
- Effective management of all proactive, predictive, and preventative maintenance tasks for their applicable areas of responsibility
- Keeping all stakeholders informed on the project/s progress
- Identifying opportunities to improve productivity and work quality
- Effective planning of manpower and coordination of manpower, parts and materials
- Supervise and coordinate project activities to ensure the work performed by project contractors are undertaken safely, executed to the prescribed technical standard and in compliance with design/specifications and cost requirements.
The role will initially be on a day shift roster with the view to moving to a 12h shift roster (3/4 roster)
About your experience
To be successful in the role you will have a strong focus on safety and a sound understanding of OHNS standards and regulations as applied to contracted activities and strong ability to manage, review & interpret data received from engineers and contractors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Mechanical trade qualification or demonstrated heavy industry experience
- Sound understanding of maintenance methodologies and improvement processes
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work collaboratively with plant stakeholders
- Excellent communication. interpersonal leadership and negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of MS Office Suite and SAP systems
- Supervisory experience
- External contractor management
- Sound understanding of OHNS standards and regulations as applied to contracted project activities and a strong focus on safety.
About our team
GFG Alliance Australia operates an end-to-end mining, steel, construction and energy business. With over 160 sites and more than 6700 people, we provide steel for Australia’s leading infrastructure projects.
A member of the GFG Alliance group, Liberty Primary Steel is located at Whyalla, South Australia, approximately 400 kilometres north-west of Adelaide. We operate an integrated steelworks including steel making, blast furnace, coke oven and rolling mill facilities. Producing billet for rolling in Liberty Steel and other manufacturing sites and for export, together with rail and structural steel products. We look for exceptional talent from a broad range of backgrounds, to bring high energy and drive innovation. We foster a culture where people and the business can flourish and develop.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion, and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.