About the role
We currently have an opportunity for an Mechanical Leader to join our Blast Furnace division. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role is responsible for leading a team of skilled and experienced electricians to achieve the highest quality of plant safety and standard.
- Coordinate Blast Furnace mechanical maintenance, engineering efforts and planning
- Lead, analyse and review the execution of all asset management activities
- Provide strong and effective leadership to a team of mechanical trades, based on the core values of safety and the customer
- Identify and enact continuous improvement initiatives in the area of responsibility
- Optimizing maintenance scheduling with operations
- Directing the execution of any planned and/or unplanned maintenance at the plant
- Ensure compliance with safety, environmental, quality control plans, engineering, and maintenance standards
The role will initially be on a day shift roster with the view to moving to a 12h shift roster (5/4 roster).
About your experience
To be successful in this role, you have the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities ensuring the efficient management of the mechanical maintenance team. You take pride in your ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of management and staff, both written and verbal.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum Mechanical trade qualification, or demonstrated experience within the heavy or equivalent industry
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated
- Experience in plant fault finding, manual and PLC
- Resourceful approach to problem-solving
- Ability to motivate and influence people to achieve business outcomes
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to identify and introduce improvements in maintenance practices and plant performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical capabilities
- General knowledge of MS Office Suite and some SAP experience
About our team
GFG Alliance has an agile, entrepreneurial culture with high energy, strong levels of ambition, and sustainable growth plans. This brings opportunities for GFG’s people and businesses to flourish and develop. We work with our people to determine how we can grow our business and our future. We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset.
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion, and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.