About the role
Based at the Whyalla Steelworks, as part of an integrated maintenance crew, you will ensure the reliability of assets through preventative and breakdown maintenance activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fault finding and reactive repairs to plant and equipment
- Scheduled and shut down maintenance works
- Technical support to production, maintenance management and broader reliability teams
- Improving the reliability of the assets by proactively supporting CI initiatives and activities
- Accurate record keeping of scheduled and breakdown maintenance within CMMS (SAP)
About your experience
To be successful, you will have:
- Certificate III in Mechanical Engineering (Fitter) or equivalent.
- Heavy Industry Experience – Manufacturing, Mining, Foundry or other Production
- Experience with pneumatics and hydraulics
- Any additional tickets or licences – Forklift/Dogging/Rigging tickets would be ideal
- SAP or similar experience would be beneficial.
About the team
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include coke-making, blast furnace, steel-making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
What’s on Offer
With all business units experiencing growth, there are multiple opportunities to be considered for. Find the role and lifestyle that is right for you.
- Shift Rosters:4 x 5 Days (12hr)
- 4 x 5 Days & Nights (12hr)
- 7 x 7 Days (12hr)
- Non-shift roster – 38hrs Days (Mon – Fri)
Domestic Relocation included for those residing outside of Whyalla, which includes:
- Uplift of goods and relocation allowance (for individuals and immediate family)
- Travel and temporary accommodation (up to 4 weeks)
- DIDO Option Available
Other Employee Benefits
- Additional Accredited Training (Optional)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Health & Lifestyle Discounts
- Long Service Recognition & Rewards
- Novated leasing
Next Steps – Be a part of the LPS team!
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion, and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.