About the role
The IT Field Service Technician is responsible for providing in the field support of the hardware, SOE and standard office software used by the business. IT Field Service Technician requires good problem-solving skills and thorough practical and working knowledge of the desktop environment. This role also plays an important role within the business ensuring that ICT Hardware is functioning to optimal standards for the business.
Other responsibilities include:
- Building Task Management Worksheets
- Responding to Incidents/Problems/Service Requests
- Resolution of Incidents and Service Requests
- Delivering technical assignments as estimated
- Identify and recommend process, application, and technology improvements
- Provide advice to customers on work arounds during incident management as improvements to systems supported
About your experience
You will be someone who is experienced in addressing complex issues and enjoys working in a fast paced, flexible environment across hardware and software requirements. You are also resourceful and have strong communications skills to be able to work effectively in a cross functional team at all levels of the organisation.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Extensive demonstrated experience in desktop support function including desktop hardware
- Working knowledge of the outsourcing environment and IT Industry Understanding of technology infrastructure
- Recognised IT industry certification(s) or relevant tertiary in information technology
- MCP, MCDST or MCSE Certification is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience in supporting multiple external clients across various industries
About our team
GFG Alliance is a collection of global businesses and investments owned by Sanjeev Gupta and his family. The Alliance has 3 core industry groups; Liberty Steel, Alvance Aluminium and Simec Energy, different businesses working together as one towards the delivery of a common industrial strategy. We are on a mission to invigorate metals manufacturing and engineering around the world by using sustainable solutions, new technology, local resources, and big thinking.
As members of the GFG Alliance group in Australia, SIMEC Mining and SIMEC Energy as well as Liberty Primary Steel and Liberty Bell Bay, work together as champions of sustainable industry. We are on a mission to invigorate industry and engineering using sustainable solutions, new technology, local resources and big thinking.
Why consider Whyalla? Located on Eyre Peninsula’s Spencer Gulf in South Australia, Whyalla is an important hub and the region’s biggest city for retail shopping. Whyalla boasts a warm climate, accessible ocean shores and saltwater fishing. Whyalla is well served with educational facilities where students can gain a quality education from primary school to university without leaving the City.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.