About the role
Reporting to the Apprentice Lead, the role of the Mechanical Discipline Lead is to support upcoming talent for Liberty Primary Steel. You will be accountable for building the Apprentices trade capability in their respective discipline, which will result in a successful start to their career.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing, implementing, and facilitating the mechanical apprentice competency training program, within the governance framework
- Facilitating the apprentice curriculum, including practical, theoretical and assessments
- Supervising the apprentice workshop environment
- Building relationships and providing support to 2nd, 3rd, and 4th apprentices throughout Liberty GFG
About your experience
We are looking to speak to Trades people with Mechanical Fitting and/or Machining experience, to support our apprentices to reach their full potential.
The successful candidates will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Mechanical Trade qualification – Fitter, Machinist
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the trade
- Understanding of a manufacturing/mining operational environment
- Experience with leading, supervising, training, and development of training materials
- Confident with written and spoken communication and document writing
- Proficient with SAP and other computer skills desirable
- Demonstrated understanding of training methodologies and blended learning
About our team
Liberty Primary Steel, a member of GFG Alliance, operates integrated steelworks which include ironmaking, steel making, and rolling-mill facilities located in coastal Whyalla, approximately 400km from Adelaide.
To view more of what Whyalla has to offer visit www.whyalla.com
Across our different business units, we offer career opportunities for people who share our drive, passion and ambition. From apprentices and graduates to experienced professionals, we are committed to offering fulfilling careers and the chance to grow as our business grows. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.