Ferretti International Australia
Ferretti International Ottoway Pty Ltd t/a Ferretti International Australia is a leader in the provision of process pipe fabrication and installation involving all aspects of project delivery from project management, design, engineering, procurement, pipe spooling and specialist steel fabrication manufacture, installation commissioning and maintenance. Ferretti International Australia is a part of the AARTEE Group which has combined global revenue of more than $1b.
Ferretti International operates across a diverse range of industry sectors including mining, oil & gas, water, and defence, we enjoy an enviable reputation of excellence in safety, quality and customer service which has formed the foundation of our work for over a decade.
About the role:
We are currently looking for two full-time Project Engineers, to be based at our Wingfield (x1) and Whyalla (x1) facilities. These roles report to the Business Operations Manager, responsible for the QA/QC on all welding works undertaken at the Ferretti workshop/site for the upcoming projects. The job is based at the workshop, however, there will also be some site-based work at various locations during the installation phase of the projects.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Conduct technical analysis, calculations, interpret drawings, design reviews, report and advice accordingly
- Coordination of assigned projects including planning, scheduling and conducting the technical and management aspects of the projects
- Provide sufficient technical knowledge and advice on technical problems
- Nominating and generating the correct welding procedure
- Coach and train workshop tradespersons whenever needed
- Ensure the correct material and weld procedure is used and followed for the job
- Perform tasks in accordance with Company quality procedure and work instructions
- Monitor workmanship on the shop floor – identify issues, provide advice and report them accordingly to authorise person.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate assigned engineering work.
- Complete Work Packs for Workshop Supervisor/Manager
- Ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all project participants.
- Maintain an industry acceptable standard of competency in welding skill and ability.
- Review fabrication drawing and associated traceability documentation including ITPs, weld maps and weld logs and liaise with workshop leading hands.
- Maintain company welder traceability databases and records on welded workshop fabrications and onsite welding.
- Review completed NDT reports and welder proficiency including defective welds and the remediate repair solutions.
Essential Employment Criteria:
- Hold a relevant Diploma with at least 2 years of relevant work experience. Applicants who do not have qualifications are also welcome to apply but we will require at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Understand the various material codes and associated weld properties which go with them;
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Information and records management.
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Project skills and capabilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button below and attach your updated resume. Or you can email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only successful applicants will be notified.
If you would like to be a part of a dynamic, rapidly growing and exciting company and wish to learn more about Ferretti International please visit our website www.ferretti-international.com.au
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.