What’s a Belt Splicing Traineeship?
We have a great opportunity for two Trainee Belt Splicers to join our Whyalla Service Team.
As a Trainee, you will be developing your skills in conveyor belt maintenance, repairs, installation, general maintenance and replacement of conveyor components.
Your learning experience will be a combination of on the job, hands-on experience along with practical theory/classroom training, and on successful completion, you will obtain a Certificate III in Polymer Processing.
To be considered for this role, you must be willing to commit to completing a 2 year (minimum duration) traineeship.
Why work for us?
- Gain a Certificate III in Polymer Processing – a nationally recognised qualification!
- Guaranteed ongoing full-time permanent employment once you have completed the Traineeship.
- Higher than average trainee pay rate! Plus a 3.5% increase in your hourly rate after the first 12 weeks of training!
- We offer salary packaging – pay less tax and earn MORE!
- Being a part of Michelin; a leading and trusted brand within the global tyre market, you will be entitled to a 45% discount on tyres each year.
- Use of company discount programs with our corporate suppliers on flights, accommodation, car hire, health insurance and more.
- 24 Hour Employee Assistance Program for you and your family. This is a free and confidential counselling service to support your wellbeing in the workplace and at home.
To be considered for the Traineeship, you:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must be able to pass an aptitude test, had good mechanical aptitude and good communication skills
- Must hold a current Australian drivers’ licence
- Must not be banned from any mine sites within the South Australia region and willing to travel to mine sites
- Must have the ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
- Must have the ability to work in line with project/site operational requirements (which may see you working after hours, weekends and/or public holidays).
- Must undergo a national police clearance
- Must have the ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must have a strong safety focus
The below would be highly desirable but not essential:
- Previous work experience in construction, manufacturing or mining is preferred
- Possess either a Basic Riggers ticket, Forklift (LF), Basic Dogging ticket or Elevated Work Platform ticket (desirable but not essential)
How to Apply
To join the Fenner Conveyors team, click the link below and apply online
Fenner Coveyors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages Indigenous Australians to apply.
Disclaimer – Third party agency referrals will not be accepted.
About Fenner Conveyors:
As the world leaders in engineered conveyor solutions, Fenner Conveyors which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Michelin delivers valuable material handling solutions to our extended network of high profile clients in the mining and industrial sectors. Our success has been built over many years on having a talented team that works together to achieve incredible outcomes.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.