District Council of Tumby Bay
The District Council of Tumby Bay is located 45km north of Port Lincoln, and 630km from Adelaide, and covers an area of 266,907 hectares with an estimated population of 2,817.
It is an agricultural district farming cereal, oil seed and pulse crops along with sheep and cattle, fishing activity and tourism industries.
Residents, businesses, and visitors enjoy a relaxed lifestyle in this enviable seaside and rural location; with a strong commitment from Council to drive sustainable economic development to enhance the region and the Eyre Peninsula for long-term investment and future population growth.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Council in the role of General Manager Works and Infrastructure. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role provides direct management and leadership of the Technical Services department and oversees the provision of transport networks, waste collection and disposal, water services, road construction, maintenance, and parks and garden services to the community.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Delivery of timely advice, direction, leadership and project management of major council works and projects
- Management of the Community Waste Management Schemes in accordance with legislative and licence requirements
- Assisting the Chief Executive Officer with the Council’s strategic and business planning processes by providing pro-active and high-level input and advice
- Management of the Tumby Bay Airport in accordance with CASA requirements
- Developing performance objectives for each functional group to ensure industry-based performance standards, procedures and productivity improvement initiatives are realised
- Developing plans and programs which provide a range of cost efficient, high quality, timely and customer responsive services
- Developing, maintaining, implementing and reporting on strategic business plans and budgets, including Infrastructure Asset Management Plans and forward financial plans
- Preparing Council reports and attending regular Council meetings
You are an experienced leader, with the ability to manage multiple projects and balance competing priorities. You are collaborative, passionate about the safety and wellbeing of your team members and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
Other important skills and attributes include:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, or similar and / or significant equivalent experience at a senior manager level
- Experience working in a local government environment (desirable)
- A commitment to continuous improvement processes and an innovative mindset
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to develop, mentor and motivate staff
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders and building effective working relationships
In reward for your commitment, you will be offered an attractive salary package, relocation assistance and the chance to live, work and play in one of the Eyre Peninsula’s most picturesque locations.
To learn more or review a copy of the Position Description, please contact Nicole Marshall at Perks People Solutions via email email@example.com or call 8273 9347.
Alternatively click on “APPLY” to submit you CV and Cover Letter (maximum 1-2 pages) outlining why you are the ideal person for this role.
Applications close Monday 10 October 2022.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.