Crawford and Company
Crawford & Company is the world’s largest publicly listed provider of claims management solutions to the risk management and insurance industry. We are self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries.
Our Mission & Vision:
To provide leading and trusted expert assistance to our customers to help them enhance lives and restore businesses and communities in Australia and across the globe. We also aim to be the leading provider and most trusted source for expert assistance, serving those who insure and self-insure the risk of businesses and communities globally.
About the Role:
As a Branch Manager, you will be responsible for the operation of the office. You’ll also contribute to the growth of the office operations by providing service to current clients, building relationships and undertaking marketing activities to grow the client base whilst monitoring profitability of the branch.
You’ll work as one with our high performing and dedicated team regional managers, state administrator, support staff, team leaders, insured’s clients and service providers bringing with you an entrepreneurial spirit, down to earth and respectful attitude; positive outgoing personality; good customer service, time and caseload management skills.
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by
inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarising information required by client, local, state and federal government and by Crawford & Company in line with Service Level Agreements
- Settle claims after determining insurance carrier’s liability, client’s instructions, and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage & pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
You’ll have an energetic, people focused and process driven approach with the proven ability to provide exceptional customer service. You will enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
To be successful in this role you will also have:
- Previous experience as a Loss Adjuster (highly desirable)
- Loss Adjusting qualifications preferred, or Professional qualifications applicable to the Loss Adjusting industry
- Insurance Contracts Act/FSRA legislation awareness
- Thorough knowledge of insurance terminology, practices and conditions
- Demonstrated Building/Construction knowledge of domestic properties (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills & proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Proven ability to think on your feet and experience in providing innovative solutions to complex solutions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Trade qualifications would be advantageous
- Good computer abilities, preferably previous use of an electronic claims system
- Current and valid drivers licence
White past insurance experience is desirable, we are open to considering applications from candidates with Property/Strata experience, field experience with inspections, assessments and report writing.
We encourage people of all genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
How to apply:
Apply online using the appropriate link to submit your application. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Please note: It is the policy of Crawford & Company that all successful employees consent to a national police check.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.