Good things start here
Hi, we’re Coles Group. Our purpose is to sustainably feed all Australians to help them live healthier, happier lives. We’re an essential part of communities right across the country, with our family of 120,000 team members helping 21 million customers every week. With such a big responsibility, we rely on our brilliant leaders to operate with pace and passion and drive a people first culture, focussed on delighting our customers.
About the role
Reporting to the Store Manager, you’ll have full accountability for the day-to-day running of the deli department. You’ll take pride in contributing to a store which is exceptionally presented, welcoming and engaging for our customers, team members and community.
Good things you need
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced customer facing environment
- Direct/indirect leadership experience as you’ll need to lead, coach and develop your team to meet sales targets, cost control and rostering requirements
- To maintain excellent department standards including monitoring stock, rotation routines, wastage, shrinkage and quality control
- To always look to simplify processes and adhere to strict audit, food safety and compliance standards
- To drive a one team culture which celebrates success and puts our team members health, safety and wellbeing first
- To delight our customers with an outstanding shopping experience
To enable Coles to provide a safe environment for its team members, there may be a requirement for you to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before commencing work for Coles at a Coles site, unless you are medically exempt. Given this, you will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment with Coles. You may be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status as part of your application.
You’re joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing, values what you do and celebrates your success. We’ll invest in you and your career with awesome training, development and leadership programs. You’ll also receive fantastic team member discounts across our supermarkets and brands.
As part of our focus on achieving a gender balanced workforce, we belong to the WORK180 network as an endorsed employer for women. Our commitment to helping all women thrive in the workplace includes initiatives such as our recently updated parental leave policy, flexible working options and our Employee Assistance Program.
You can explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to hear from you
If you like the sound of us and you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.