When you join Coates, you’re joining more than just Australia’s leading equipment hire provider. You’re joining an end-to-end solutions company spanning equipment rental, temporary works engineering, industrial shutdown management and safety training.
Proudly Australian-owned, Coates has a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on transformation, innovation and growth. With over 1,500 employees in 150+ locations, we offer diverse and rewarding roles at our nationwide branches, state head offices and corporate office in Sydney.
About the role
At Coates, our Plant Mechanics play a crucial role in ensuring our equipment is safe and ready for hire.
This role, based at our Whyalla Branch, will assume responsibility for the efficient and effective servicing, of our extensive range of hire equipment and machinery, ensuring exceptional customer service and a high standard of safety at all times.
A day in the life of a Plant Mechanic at Coates:
- Diagnose and repair mechanical faults across a variety of equipment
- Ensure appropriate stock levels of spare parts are available
- Maintain up-to-date service records for all service and repair work
- Minimise operational downtime of equipment
- Promote a Safety First, Zero Harm culture – champion safety with your colleagues and customers.
Your high levels of customer service and Can-Do attitude, are complemented by:
- Trade qualifications and forklift licence required.
- Experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Troubleshooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills
- Your commitment to safety
How we’ll reward you
As a Coates employee, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Purchased extra leave program
- Supportive and inclusive team culture
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation
As a responsible organisation, we’re on a journey to deliver on our people, planet and profit responsibilities. Our company values – Care deeply, Be our best, Customer-focused and One team – shape everything we do, while our Sustainability Strategy outlines key commitments including:
- Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040
- Implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2022
- Improving gender representation and addressing unconscious bias
- Developing our future female leaders through an annual program
- Supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation
To learn more, visit coates.com.au
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by this opportunity, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Coates is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workforce for all employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Coates. Equipping you for anything.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.