Clean Seas Seafood Limited
Clean Seas is the global leader in full cycle breeding, production, and sale of Yellowtail Kingfish (YTK, Seriola lalandi) and is renowned world-wide for its exceptionally high-quality fish. Our company is recognised for innovation in Yellowtail Kingfish farming and has become the largest producer of aquaculture Yellowtail Kingfish outside of Japan. Our customers appreciate the consistently high quality of our fish and our reliability in supplying fresh fish to markets all over the world, 52 weeks of the year.
We are a leading Australian Aquaculture company listed on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX:CSS) with a beautiful high-quality product that is marketed under the Spencer Gulf Hiramasa Kingfish brand, one of the world’s premium seafood products. The company’s expanding operational footprint includes multiple farm sites across the Spencer Gulf; our Hatchery in Arno Bay; Fish Health and R&D facilities in Port Lincoln; and our world-class Seafood Processing Facility in Adelaide where our group support functions are also located. Our growing Sales and Marketing teams are located across Australia, Europe, and the USA.
The role of Research and Development Sustainability Technician is based in beautiful Port Lincoln, South Australia and will work under the direction of the Technical/R&D Manager. We are seeking a skilled technician who enjoys working both independently and being part of a tight-knit, collaborative team.
The successful candid will work closely with the grow-out and hatchery teams, external providers, and partners to achieve strategic, technical and research and development activities. These activities will include research and development projects such as feed trials, environmental monitoring projects, certification and compliance programs, product quality assessments and lease and licensing projects.
- Coordinate and participate in R&D trials conducted both internally and with third party service providers
- Coordinate and participate in environmental monitoring programs, with a specific focus on annual Aquaculture Stewardship Council and Friends of the Sea audits
- Actively participate in and oversee sustainability projects and provide routine internal reporting
- Involvement in broodstock/genetic program
- Liaise closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. technical support teams, marine crews, and external contractors) to ensure effective planning, logistics, and equipment requirements for tasks
- Development of sampling techniques and procedures, sample analysis, sample storage and reporting procedures
- Collation, analysis, and interpretation of scientific data
- Management of feed sample collation, selection for analysis, data entry and interpretation of analysis results
- Conduct literature reviews as required
- Writing of reports in a scientific format according to agreed project timelines
- Assisting with the planning and reviews of kingfish production goals
- Involvement in the implementation of new practices and technologies
- Participate in the development and implementation of product quality assessments
- Preparation of material required for R&D tax claims
- Ensure compliance with the company’s WHS policies and procedures
- Travel to Adelaide and other sites on the Eyre Peninsula when required
- Tertiary degree in aquaculture or similar field preferred, consideration will be given to those with working experience in the aquaculture industry
- Experience with report writing, statistical tools and analysing data
- Experience with coordinating and maintaining projects
- Competent and capable of working at sea
- Able to work in a team-based environment
- Ability to think strategically and improvise where necessary
- High level written and verbal skills
- Strong influence and relationship/stakeholder management skills
- Sound training and coaching skills
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence organisational culture
- Strong organisational skills including a demonstrated ability to determine priorities, make independent decisions and meet tight deadlines
- Current driver’s license
- Coxswain boat operators license (desirable)
- First aid certifications (desirable)
- Forklift licence (desirable)
If you have a passion for sustainable aquaculture and feel you are the right person to join our dedicated team, we would love to hear from you.
Clean Seas is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. Doing what’s right, working as a collaborative team and challenging boundaries help us remain focused on our goal of being Australia’s leading Aquaculture company.
Prior to employment you will be required to undertake a Pre-Employment Medical assessment that includes drug and alcohol testing and provide a current Police Clearance Certificate.
Application and Contact:
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply now’ button and upload your Cover Letter and Resume in Word format. If you require further information about this opportunity before applying, please contact Julie Smith on mobile +61 436 408 472 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.