City of Whyalla
(casual – multiple roles available)
- Do you love being around children and have a passion for providing quality care for children aged 0-5 years?
- Do you currently possess or are currently working towards an ACECQA approved Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, Diploma or Bachelor in Early Childhood Education?
- The Whyalla City Council is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to join our Childcare Centre.
About the role:
As a Childcare Educator you will provide a high-quality safe environment for children aged 0-5 years old.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the Childcare Educator include:
- Provide nurturing and consistent care and supervision to children
- Assist in implementing programs and setting up play areas appropriate to each section to create a stimulating and encouraging environment
- Maintain daily routines for the children and to support centre operations
- Complete observation and progress records and documentation of children’s development
- Liaise with families and other centre staff on a day-to day basis
- Ensure self-compliance with Centre policies
- Understand relevant Licensing regulations.
Ideally you will have completed or be close to completing a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and have prior experience working with children.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who has:
- Minimum of a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care or be working towards a ACECQA approved child care qualification
- Prior experience working with children
- A passion for working with children and want to make a difference to support the lives of children
- A humble ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to build rapport with a variety of people including children
- Respectful communication and customer service skills
- The ability to work independently with limited direction
If this sounds like your perfect role, we want to hear from you!
About the Whyalla City Council:
As a multifunctional regional Council we manage Childcare services, Library, Airport, Cemetery, Crematorium, Infrastructure and recreational facilities including a Visitor Information Centre.
We are a progressive Council, committed to the pursuit of excellence and are always looking for opportunities to improve the quality of life for our community, now and into the future.
We stand by and embrace our core values in delivering our each and every one of our services: We Care, We Work Together, We are Committed and We Own It.
About the benefits:
- Competitive salary + 10.5% Superannuation with the ability to salary sacrifice
- Excellent Enterprise Agreement benefits with above award rates
- Opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Provision of uniform
- Employee Assistance Program and wellbeing support
- Special Pandemic Leave, and Family and Domestic Violence support
- Commuting to work when living in Whyalla is no more than 15 minutes
About Whyalla, South Australia:
The City of Whyalla is one of the largest regional cities within South Australia and offers a relaxed lifestyle with a blend between sea and outback. Whyalla has a well-established industry and retail base, strong community spirit and its residents enjoy a comfortable lifestyle with plenty of amenities, events and activities. It also provides a newly finished state of the art High School, along with the University of South Australia and TAFE campus’ offering tertiary progression.
Whyalla offers a culturally diverse regional community and is home to approximately 22,000 people. The Council area extends from south of the City at Murninnie Beach to north of Point Lowly aligning to the Department of Defence boundary fence.
Further Information and to Apply:
For more information and to apply for this position please visit Whyalla City Council’s website at www.whyalla.sa.gov.au.
Enquiries can be directed to Jo Vlassco, Childcare Centre Coordinator on 08 8640 3016.
Multiple casual roles are available. The salary applicable for this role is in accordance with the South Australian Municipal Salaried Officers’ Award and Council’s current Enterprise Agreement, ranging from Level 1A to Level 1, paid pro-rata for hours worked and casual loading applies.
Applications close 9.00am Monday 8 August 2022. Late applications will not be accepted.
The Whyalla City Council is committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, with a smoke, drug and alcohol free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment. We encourage people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.