City of Port Lincoln
Are you ready to dive into a new career opportunity within one of South Australia’s coastal and seafood hotspots, Port Lincoln?
- Exciting new leadership role
- Critical function and leadership role within Council
- True work/life balance
Why the City of Port Lincoln?
The jewel of the Eyre Peninsula, Port Lincoln is positioned adjacent the pristine waters of Boston Bay. With a population of almost 15,000, Port Lincoln is the regional centre for the Lower Eyre Peninsula and continues to grow within the agriculture, fishing, and tourism industries. Port Lincoln is an accessible and rewarding place to live, work and grow. City of Port Lincoln is a medium sized Council with approximately 75 employees that work harmoniously together to ensure Council delivers friendly and efficient services to the residents of Port Lincoln.
Does this sound like you?
The City of Port Lincoln has an exciting opportunity for a Manager Development and Regulatory. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the General Manager Environment & Infrastructure in delivering high quality development services, environmental and public health services and community safety activities. These areas include animal management, by-laws and regulatory enforcement and emergency management planning.
Will this work motivate you and get you out of bed each morning?
An exciting period is about to commence and the Manager Development & Regulatory will have the ability to influence the development of the new Regional Plan and work closely with neighbouring councils to look at sustainable land use planning and growth opportunities.
- Providing influential and supportive leadership to a team of 6 direct reports, ensuring effective service delivery and customer focused outcomes.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Development Services functional area which includes Planning and Building Assessment, and strategic planning.
- Work closely with the Community Safety Team Leader ensuring timely and effective management of regulatory functions.
- Development, implementation and revision of plans and strategies including the:
- Emergency Management Plan
- Animal Management Plan
- Regional Public Health Plan
- Provide advice to Council on development related matters including legislative changes and the Planning & Design Code
- Support continuous improvement initiatives that enhance performance, response, and service capabilities
- Provide advice to Council regarding budget and annual business planning for the business unit.
This is what you’ll have in your personal toolkit:
- A tertiary qualification in Urban Planning, Building, Environmental Health or a related field or commensurate demonstrated experience in lieu of formal qualifications.
- High level of technical competence relating to development assessment including knowledge of principles, associated Acts, Regulations, and codes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, inspire and engage a multi-function team, manage change and foster an environment that promotes excellence and accountability (minimum 5 years).
- Ability to manage a diverse portfolio/function with varied and competing priorities.
- Outstanding relationship building and communication influence with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills including project planning, management and report writing.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Current Class C Driver’s License.
Please refer to the Position Description for further skills, knowledge, experience and performance indicators.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a progressive Council offering work and lifestyle balance
- Excellent career and development opportunity
- Supportive leadership team with inspiring CEO
- Opportunity to make a real difference in a hands-on and high impact role.
Sound like you?
If you answered YES, please click the apply now button and submit your application with the following:
- Cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and passion aligns with the role advertised.
- A current CV
- Applications close at 9:00am, Friday 12th August 2022.
Looking for more info?
Please contact Nicole Selth, Senior Business Partner, BespokeHR – 0413 319 171 for a confidential discussion about the position, or to request a copy of the Position Description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Note: We will provide regular progress updates on the recruitment process via email sent from our Expr3ss recruitment system. If you have not seen any updates within 2-weeks, please check your junk mail first prior to contacting us directly.
Recruiters and Candidates. Please do not send details directly to the client. The client has engaged BespokeHR to assist solely with this position. If you or any of your potential candidates wish to apply, please do so via the apply button.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.