City of Port Lincoln
City of Port Lincoln, an inclusive and connected community committed to excellence in lifestyle, culture, industry and innovation.
The City of Port Lincoln is a vibrant and dynamic Local Council, providing a range of services to the surrounding community. Port Lincoln, positioned adjacent the pristine waters of Boston Bay is the regional centre of the Lower Eyre Peninsula which continues to grow and flourish within the agriculture, fishing and tourism industries. With a strong community spirit, Port Lincoln offers an unprecedented lifestyle with access to a modern airport, public and private schooling, sporting facilities, shopping and an extraordinary dining culture featuring exquisite seafood, local produce, and wines.
The City of Port Lincoln is seeking a full time Building Officer to undertake inspections and monitor building compliance, provide timely assessment of development applications, provide expert advice to developers, prospective applicants and the public, as well as undertaking assessment of Council owned buildings and structures.
Key Objectives Include:
- Assess development applications for building rules compliance and where necessary refer to building rules consultants for advice;
- Undertake inspections of building work in accordance with Council’s Building & Swimming Pool Inspection Policy;
- Investigating and addressing matters pertaining to building compliance.
- Briefing and instructing Council’s solicitors on enforcements, prosecutions and Development Assessment.
To be successful as the Building Officer at City of Port Lincoln, it is essential that you have qualifications as a Building Surveyor (Levels 1-3). You must be eligible for accreditation with the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors (AIBS) and the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) Accredited Professionals Scheme. You will have sound working knowledge of legislation and associated regulations relevant to the role as well as demonstrated knowledge of building practices, methods and materials. Furthermore, you will display excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to relate to a wide range of customers and stakeholders. Your ability to negotiate and be solution focussed with be highly valued in this role.
What’s on Offer for you:
- Permanent Position
- Full Time 75 hours per fortnight
- City of Port Lincoln Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2022-2025
- Classification Criteria Level 6 to 8 dependent on skills and qualifications
- Salary $79,367 – $94,080 per annum
- Additional 3% superannuation above standard superannuation guarantee of 10.5%
- Yearly Uniform Allowance and many other benefits
- Port Lincoln, a highly accessible regional centre with unrivalled lifestyle opportunity.
Any enquiries about the role should be directed to Molly Szumski, People & Culture Officer, email email@example.com or telephone 08 8621 2313.
How to apply:
Utilising the information package as a guide, your application should include, a cover letter addressing the key criteria of the role and your most recent resume including details of at least two business referees.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 9.00 am, on Tuesday 4th October 2022
The City of Port Lincoln is an Employer of Choice, Equal Opportunity Employer and a Smoke Free Workplace.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.