Carers Association of SA Inc
- Part Time Opportunity (0.6 FTE)
- Based in Eyre Peninsula region
- Fixed Term until June 2023
About Carers SA:
Carers SA (Carers Association of SA Inc.) is the premier provider of Carer Services in South Australia delivering Carer Gateway services across both metropolitan and regional service areas.
We have a strong history of empowering unpaid carers through providing quality services and programs to support their needs and the needs of the people they care for. We are committed to the safety and well-being of children and young people and, as such, are committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation. We are a values-based organisation that prides itself on quality, professionalism and valuing your personal contribution.
- About the Role:
Our Young Carer Connector position is a diverse role responsible for providing psychosocial assessment, advocacy and holistic, strength based support to Young Carers between the ages of 5-26 across South Australia.
Through in person and phone based support, the role strives to identify Young Carers and strengthen connection, skills, knowledge, self-confidence and resilience.
We require a highly motivated individual to facilitate age and developmentally appropriate Carer Star assessments and action plans, individualised 1:1 support and facilitate groups and activities. The Young Carer Connector will work within the family context with a focus on outcomes for the Young Carer.
This role will provide outreach support to Young Carers living on the Eyre Peninsula region. This role will have the flexibility to work from home and in community while being a part of a broader team located across different metropolitan and regional areas.
Key responsibilities (not limited to):
- Completing comprehensive and holistic assessment using different assessment tools including the Carer Star™, Saul Becker and AQOL
- Providing individualised support, advocacy and referral that are strength based, capacity building and increases resilience
- Planning and facilitating group activities (Carer Breaks) and In Person Peer Support programs that are developmentally and age appropriate
- Developing and reviewing goals and case plans for Young Carers
- Maintaining case notes, reports and assessments to a high standard
- Raising awareness of Young Carers and their caring role
- Community engagement and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness and flexibility to work outside of business hours on occasions
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Recognised qualifications in Youth Work, Social Services, Community services
- Experience working with Children and Young People in one to one an group setting within the age group of 5-26 years
- An understanding of Developmental Trauma in relation to Child Development and Wellbeing as well as key transition points for children and young people or a commitment to develop understanding in this area
- Experience in Assessment, Goal Setting and implementation and support maintenance of action plans
- Experience in facilitating groups
- Experience working autonomously and within a virtual team
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to establish rapport with a diverse range of people
- Ability to quickly establish “genuine” rapport with Children and Young People
- An understanding of appropriate boundaries in relations to work with children and young people
- Proficiency in information, communication and technology practices
- Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
You will also need to provide:
- National Police Clearance
- DHS Working with Children Check
- SA Driver’s Licence
- Be prepared to undertake Child Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes training
- Generous tax-free salary packaging benefits where you can package up to $15,900 per annum
- External staff supervision to support your wellbeing
- Flexi Time entitlements
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) access
- Staff Development opportunities
- Working for a for purpose organisation (or Not for Profit)
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Carers SA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for all new employees.
A copy of the Position Description is available on Carers SA website: https://www.carerssa.com.au/who-is-carers-sa/get-involved/careers/
General enquiries to Kym Staples on (08) 8291 5600
APPLY NOW. Please include a cover letter and CV.
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday, 14th September, 2022.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.