PART TIME CARDIAC TECHNICIAN – Port Lincoln
The Cardiovascular Centre in Norwood, South Australia is offering a part-time position for a Cardiac Technician based in Port Lincoln. Applicants need to have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, good phone manner, the ability to work in a busy environment, skills to independently manage a heavy work-load where accuracy and attention to detail is vital, and a passion for delivering excellence in health care.
About us: The Cardiovascular Centre is a leading clinical Cardiology Centre with close affiliations with the Centre for Heart Rhythm Disorders, a dynamic and dedicated research organisation committed to excellence in cardiac electrophysiology. The group is involved in the clinical management of the full range of cardiovascular disorders, with a particular specialisation in heart rhythm disorders and cardiac electrophysiology. With its strong research focus, the Cardiovascular Centre helps with the rapid and direct translation of novel research discoveries to benefit patients. For further information please refer to our website: https://www.cardiovascularcentre.com.au
About the position: Our Technical team members assist with the day to day organisation and conduct of patient appointments, investigations and follow-up. This position will be working from home with some in clinic work and travel required. A drivers license and suitable transport will be required.
Key Responsibilities of the Cardiac Technician
- Fitting, downloading, analysis and interpretation of ECG and Holter monitor recordings
- Filing, emailing and faxing of analysis results as required
- Technical support during Holter monitoring, ECGs, blood pressure monitoring, exercise stress tests, tilt-testing, electrophysiology studies
- Care and maintenance of the monitors
- Maintaining and ordering stocks
- Managing the Home Monitoring process
- Trouble shooting technical issues
- Assistance with administrative tasks as required
- Assistance with Clinical trials as required
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collegially as a part of a team and with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Client/Patient focused approach with good responsiveness and a sympathetic, supportive and professional approach
- Ability to think clearly and behave in a calm and positive manner even when under pressure
- A careful, meticulous and analytic approach
- An ability to think, learn and work independently
- Competency in the use of computer software and experience in the use of standard MS Office software.
- Qualification in the area of Biomedical Science, Health Science, Nursing or similar, or studying for the same.
- Experience as a Cardiac Technician desirable, but motivated candidates who have not worked in this area, who require additional training, will be considered
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
The successful applicant will need to be available for 3 weeks full time training in Adelaide on commencement.
Applications should be addressed to Mr. Richard Pierce, Practice Manager.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.