- Permanent and casual positions available
- Flexible and ongoing rosters
- Port Augusta and Whyalla
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic support workers to work across our Port Augusta and Whyalla services!
- We support our customers 24/7, including overnights and weekends. Supported Independent Living for children and adults
- Providing support to our customers including children and adults, both in accommodation and short term/respite services, in a supportive and safe environment
- Experience in high and complex behaviours as well as manual handling is desirable
- Promoting the dignity and positive image of customers within the community
- Facilitating customer communication and enhancing their choice and decision making processes
- Assisting customers in all aspects of personal care
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for customer and supporting customer’s leisure activities
- We need you to be flexible to work over a 7 day, 24 hour roster period including mornings, evenings, weekends and sleepovers
- Passionate about making a difference to our customers
- Supportive, rewarding friendly work environment
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focussing on our people
- On the job paid training
- Competitive remuneration plus Salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free)
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of person centred thinking practice
- Good level of IT skills and use of smart technology
- Essential Criteria
- Certificate III in Individual Support (Desirable) or equivalent experience
- Current SA Driver’s Licence
- Current DHS Disability Employment / NDIS Worker Check and Child Related Employment Screening / Working with Children Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003 or HLTAID011)
- You have the right to work in Australia
It is a condition of employment that you provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as per the in-home, community aged care and disability worker Emergency Management Direction. This includes a booster dose once eligible.
How do I apply?
Please complete the details below including Resume and Cover Letter.
For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
The closing date for this role 5:00pm Thursday 6 October 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.