- Casual positions
- Port Lincoln location
- Salary packaging benefits
Cara is proud to be a leading South Australian disability service provider. We have more than 1,000 staff, known as our Possible People, who work alongside our customers in Supported Independent Living (SIL), Short Term Accommodation, Home & Community Support and Specialist Services.
Cara is committed to working alongside children and adults with disability to grow as individuals and live a life rich in opportunities.
About the role
Do you have experience providing support to customers that is person-centred and based on customer choice, control and active participation of all aspects of their life? We are looking for people who model quality practice and compliance during service delivery. The successful candidate will assist customers to maintain positive contact with their families and friends and will have experience providing direct care services and supporting customer safety, well-being and achievement of goals.
Are you someone who remains up to date with industry trends and best practice and are passionate about a person-centred approach to supporting our customers? We would love to hear from you.
- Supportive, rewarding friendly work environment
- Career opportunities in a growing organisation focusing on our people
- On the job paid training
- Competitive remuneration plus Salary packaging benefits (up to $15,899 tax free)
Skills and Experience
- Experience assisting people with a disability with activities of daily living, including personal care, showering, mealtime assistance, etc.
- Working successfully in teams
- Using technology to communicate and share information
- Working with culturally diverse customers and team members
- Understands NDIS including quality and safeguarding requirements (desirable)
- Current DHS Disability Employment / NDIS Worker Check and Child Related Employment Clearance / Working with Children Check (or willingness to acquire)
- Willingness to undergo psychometric assessment for our DCP children’s services (if applicable)
- Certificate 3 or higher in Individual Support or equivalent (desired)
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (HLTAID003) or (HLTAID011)
- Current South Australian Driver’s Licence
- Able to provide 24/7 availability per fortnight, including weekends and overnights
A requirement of your ongoing employment with Cara, and as mandated by the Government of South Australia, all persons engaging in work or duties in healthcare in healthcare settings must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved vaccine.
How do I apply?
- Please complete the details below including Cover Letter and Resume
- To view the Position Description please click here
- For any enquiries contact the Cara Recruitment Team on (08) 8347 4588.
- The closing date for this role 11:00pm Sunday 17 July 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.