BIS Industries is now seeking applications for a Workshop Manager position for our operations based in Whyalla, SA.
The successful candidate will be part of the local lead team, and work closely across the business to ensure that our assets onsite in Whyalla are safe and in tip top working order. You will lead our team that plan and maintain our assets, who are on a shift roster basis 24/7.
This is a excellent opportunity for a skilled Manager who is wanting to progress their career further and make a difference in a dynamic environment.
Functions and duties of the role:
- Manage routine and non-routine maintenance plans for all BIS Industries assets onsite.
- Manage the major repairs including capital asset and replacements.
- Maintain a risk based approach to asset reliability and operability.
- Ensure that maintenance is carried out correctly with the right tools and to the required quality standards.
- Ensuring development of team members, including training plans and people management.
- Preparation of budgeting and reports, of our assets
- Ensure that key risks within the workshops are assessed, reported and mitigated appropriately
- Ensuring workshop compliance with our client and BIS Industries safety expectations
- Previous experience as a workshop manager within heavy industry including 2 + years supervisory experience (essential)
- Proven experience with delivering to scheduled timings and required quality standards
- Formal trade qualification (Mechanical Trade – Heavy Diesel or Mobile Plant)
- Experience with 6 Sigma or LEAN (preferred)
- Excellent working knowledge of a variety of repair techniques, and understanding of other trades
- Maintain a positive and proactive approach towards safety
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Possess a high level of demonstrated commercial awareness and business acumen, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Applicants will also be required to undertake a pre-employment medical functional assessment and drug and alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.
Benefits of working for BIS:
We provide job security with long-term (and long standing) existing customer contracts. Employee benefits which include:
- Novated lease of Motor Vehicles through SG Fleet
- Bupa private health insurance corporate discounts
- Corporate discounts with Hertz Australia for car rental
- Education assistance
- Employee referral programs (between $1500 to $3000)
- Exceptional delivery awards and service recognition awards
At BIS we support and encourage everyone to think differently, get involved and create solutions that deliver exceptional results every day. Our progress is made through the efforts, contributions and development of our people working in a high performing and agile culture.
We’re looking for people who are ready to get to work and share our company values of: Zero Harm. Unity, Passion, Excellence and Relationships.
With BIS, you can deliver every day.
Who is BIS?
Bis has been around for over 100 years delivering logistics, materials handling, specialized equipment and consulting services to resource companies across Australia and Indonesia. We also do some pretty cool things like Rexx, Razor and Auto-Mate. For more information visit www.bisindustries.com.
At BIS we find the best solutions and inventive ways to improve while looking after the health, safety and wellbeing of our people, the communities we operate in and our environment. Our strong team focus enables us to solve problems for our customers while also providing a unique culture that is built on the valued contribution our people make, every day.
About Our Recruitment Process
At BIS, We believe that the unique contributions of our people are the key to our success. To ensure we deliver the best possible solutions for our customers and our employees, we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, or disability status.
As part of our recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate your suitability for a role. These include but are not limited to National Police Checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are applying for a role at BIS please consider these requirements when submitting your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.seek.com.au.